September 19, 2010

Ordering food

So Cairo has an amazing food delivery service. Or should I say HAD. Otlob.com was the bee's knees about 4 years ago, particularly because of the bomb brazilian restaurant O Negrao which has, to my chagrin, since closed. The service is now spotty and orders often get cancelled... but sometimes I still need my food-fixes. (For the record Yemeksepeti of Istanbul beats out Otlob and GrubHub as best food delivery site) Par example, I was craving some sweet stuff. I ate a bunch of dates but it didn't really satisfy me so I bought a box of Egyptian brownie mix, and it was AWFUL. Then I made brownies from scratch, and was happy. Anyway, today P wanted some sushi, so we ordered from Otlob and had to wait forever until we finally found out the order was cancelled (twice). This is my chat with online customer service:

PTO:
i have no order status on my food. whats up with that?

Welcome PTO! Your request has been directed to the Otlob.Com Customer Service department. Please wait for our operator to answer your call.

Call accepted by operator Otlob. Currently in room: Otlob, PTO.

Otlob:
Hello MIss PTO
Otlob:
Welcome to otlob.com
Otlob:
This is Talal from Otlob customer service team
Otlob:
Can you kindly give me your order number?
PTO:
one sec
PTO:
5431789
PTO:
i'm really hungry!
Otlob:
Can you kindly hold on with me till we check please?
Otlob:
we are trying to reach the restaurant but it's no answer there
Otlob:
and we are not able to reached you as your mobile was switched off
Otlob:
would you like to try again with them ?
PTO:
yes i would but i already ordered twice
PTO:
my number is ******
PTO:
im super hungry and don't know where to get my food from now
Otlob:
well miss we will try to reach them for another 5 minutes and we will call you back if we couldn't reach them
Otlob:
if you would like to place another order from anywhere else we are at your service
PTO:
ok so is the restaurant closed?
PTO:
or can you just not reach them
Otlob:
we are not able to reach them
Otlob:
it's no answer there
PTO:
ok
PTO:
could you please let me know if bob sushi is open?
Otlob:
Can you kindly hold on with me till we check please?
PTO:
nevermind I just ordered from Bob. Hopefully they will deliver asap
PTO:
I'm really hungry!
PTO:
my order status on the order from sheboya never changed
Otlob:
well miss your order has been routed successfully
PTO:
great. my stomach will appreciate it

(Otlob calls me on the phone and tells me that the price on my order has changed in the last minute. I tell them politely that I'm not thrilled with their service. I get a lot of ssorry's and bleases.)

PTO:
please let your manager know about my complaints
Otlob:
and we will forward your complaint to otlob management and the restaurant management so that they can take it into their consideration.
Otlob:
We are so sorry sir for this problem, and we promise we will do our best to make sure that such problems not to be repeated again in the future
PTO:
i think you meant miss
Otlob:
Your comments help us improve
Otlob:
It is pleasure to serve you
PTO:
great. thanks for your help.
Otlob:
You are most welcome anytime and thank you for using Otlob.com
Otlob:
We are always at your service anytime Miss

My food is finally on the way. Insha'allah it will arrive any minute now!!

No comments: